Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Eight Years Ago Today

Eight years ago today, Erin and I went out on our first date. At the College of William and Mary, Erin and I were both involved with college theatre productions. I painted sets, and Erin worked on props. However, I left the theatre crowd around the same time that Erin discovered it. We knew the same people, and had many of the same friends, but we had never met. All this changed when I decided to come back for one last theatre production my senior year. We became friends quickly, and went out on our first date by the end of the week.

We drove the hour up to Richmond, in a failed attempt to see Fantasia 2000 in IMAX. As that movie was sold out, we decided to see a late showing of the film Magnolia. Afterwards, we stopped to see a couple of our friends at their house, but before we knew it it was well after midnight and we didn't feel up to the drive back to Williamsburg. So the four of us just fell asleep on the bed. At the time, I commented that it was a strange way to start a relationship, but looking backwards with our triplets, it now seems par for the course.

No comments: