Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Houdini Baby

The triplets often wake up between 4 and 5 in the morning, so we bring them to bed until 6:30 when we are supposed to get up. So last night, it was Arthur who was having trouble sleeping. I brought him to bed, and he slept between myself and Erin. I usually have my arm over him, holding him to me. So Erin gets up a bit before 6:30 to change and shower for work. I wake up around 6:30 to an empty bed. I grab my glasses, look around, and find Arthur on the floor. There he is, sitting contently and playing with a plastic bag of clothing.

Betty woke up at that point, and I went over to check on her, and Arthur crawled after me. When Erin came in, she confirmed that she had left him in bed with me. *Sigh* While I am not sure how exactly he did it, I can at least take solace in the fact that
a) we sleep on a futon bed, so it is low to the ground, and
b) there are a lot of clothes on the floor, which might have provided a soft landing for him.

In addition to this, he managed to stand for a few seconds on his own this morning. It's hard enough having one of these crazy Houdini babies - we can't imagine what it will be like when we have three!

2 comments:

Jennifer Uribe said...

A friend of mine wants to manufacture a giant play pen for her bed so that she doesn't have to worry about her 10 month old crawling/falling out while she is in the shower and her daughter is hanging out with sleeping dad. Could you imagine sleeping in a giant baby/daddy/mommy play pen?

I guess that's one way to make sure babies stay in bed!

Jennifer

Sheena/H2Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! That is so funny.