Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mr. McGregor's Garden


Most of my free time, when not watching the triplets or writing my book, I've been working on making a fence for the garden. Since it borders a fairly road, I thought if I built a garden fence, we might actually be able to have the triplets with us when we're gardening (and for once, stay ahead of the weeds).

About 40% of the fence was used from recycled materials (during fall/spring cleanup days, I managed to find quite a few sections of antique fence, and a lot of discarded timber). So I built the rest of the fence to match, and had the Virginia Tech students paint it on their annual volunteer day.

Since the kids love Peter Rabbit, I decided to make it into Mr. McGregor's garden. On and around the fence, I attached cutouts that I made of Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, Jemima Puddleduck, and Squirrel Nutkin (along with many butterflies, a bee, a dragonfly, and a bird).

No comments: